Sunday, August 11, 2013

In the beginig there was a dog

It all started with a Border Collie that I rescued from B C R named Sadie.  I was working a daycare at the time, so I decided that I need to leave the puppy with my boyfriend Red  who worked cows in another town during the day and spend time with her when I got back. Little did I now that this would start the beginnings of my Cowdog family.  Sadie grow to be a great cowdog even thu she was a mixed Border Collie she was quick on her feet and had a temper that would back down any size cow. From then on Sadie and Red became a know pair in the valley. Everyone know the cowboy with the Border Collie named Sadie. Later to follow the family was a large puppy name Merel at the age of 4 months old the Australian Calahula learned to work baby calves with little to no help from us. After a year we decided that we would breed Merel  to a female and sell cowdogs.  On a whim we pick up a runt of a nearby puppy whos mother was boarder collie and the father thu we had never seen him was Australian. Being a runt are hopes was that this little tea cup puppy would turn into a big furious female cowdogs......

No comments:

Post a Comment